Skyrim Races’ Attributes And Powers
In Skyrim, the world is your oyster. As a classless game, you have the choice of assuming an archetype or mix it up a bit. You need to be careful not to over-extend you jack-of-all trades build if you decide to to that route. Races, asides from your looks, have some important bonus that you should consider. Let’s start with my favorite: Khajiits.
- Khajiit: Can use their natural claws to do more damage. Like all cats, they can see very well in the dark. Their stat boosts give a 10 point bonus to sneak, and 5 points to Alchemy, One-Handed, Archery, Lockpicking and Pickpocket.
- Wood Elf: Natural 50% resistance to poison and disease. They can command a wild animal once a day. They have a 10 point bonus to Archery, and 5 to Alchemy, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Sneak and Light Armor.
- Redguard: Innate 50% resistance to poison. Adrenaline Rush helps to deal more damage. They have a 10 point bonus to One-Handed and 5 to Destruction, Alteration, Smithing, Block and Archery.
- Orc: These beasts can deal more damage and take half of it. They have a 10 point boost to Heavy Armor and 5 points to Enchanting, Smithing, Block, Two-Handed and One-Handed.
- Argonian: They have 50% resistance to disease and can breath under water. Histskin lets them regenerate health faster. They have a 10 point boost to Lockpicking, as well as a 5 point boost to Alteration, Light.
- Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration and Sneak.
- Nord: The Nords have a natural resistance to frost of 50% and using their Battlecry they can cause enemies to flee. They have a 10 point bonus to Two-Handed and 5 points to Smithing, Block, One-Handed, Light Armor and Speech.
- Imperial: Lucky by nature, they can find more gold in treasure drops. Voice of the Emperor will lets them charm and calm an enemy. Their skill bonuses grant them a 10 point boost to Restoration, and 5 points to Destruction, Enchanting, Heavy Armor, Block and One-Handed.
- Dark Elf: Natural 50% fire resistance. Ancestor’s Wrath engulfs them in fire. They have a 10 point boost to Destruction and 5 point boosts to Alchemy, Illusion, Alteration, Light Armor and Sneak.
- High Elf: They have 50 extra Magicka points and Highborn lets them regenerate it faster. Their skill bonuses give them a 10 point boost to Illusion and 5 points to Conjuration, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration and Enchanting.
- Breton: Innate 25% resistance to magic. Dragonskin lets them absorb spells once a day. They have a 10 point boost to Conjuration, and 5 point boosts to Alchemy, Alteration, Restoration, Illusion and Speech.